LaView F1 Security Camera With the mini body that it can be install in any where such as living room, kitchen and office. It does not take up space at all but brings a real-time monitoring environment with a larger field of view.
LaView F1 Camera information
|Image sensor||1/2.9″ Processive Scan CMOS|
|Lens||3.6mm FOV 105°|
|Day & night||IR Cut Filter with auto switch|
|Processor||High-Performance Embedded SC Processor|
|Wireless||Built-in 2.4G Wi-Fi|
|Input||Built-in Omni-direction microphone|
|Max. Resolution||1920 × 1080|
|Frame Rate||1~25fps adaptive frame rate of network transmission|
|Cloud Storage||Laview Cloud Storage|
|Local Storage||Micro SD Card ( Max. 128G )|
|Operating conditions||4°F ~ 131 °F (-20°C ~ 55°C ) humidity 90% or less (non-condensing)|
|Power Supply||5V DC. 1A|
|Power Consumption||Max. 2.5W|
|Dimensions||2.44″ x 2.36″x 3.5″ (62 x 60 x 89mm)|
|Weight||0.12 lbs (56g)|
Indicator Light Status
- Red light solids on: the device or network is abnormal.
- Blinking red light: awaiting WiFi connecting.
- Blue light solids on: camera running correctly.
- Blinking blue light: currently connecting.
What’s in the box
PLEASE CONSULT THIS CHECKLIST FOR ALL PARTS.
How to Add a LaView F1 Security Camera
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LaView APP
LaView App is available for both iOS and Android OS. Search the name ‘LaView, in App Store or Google Play. ( The other LaView apps, such as LaView Connect, LaView ONE, LaView Life do NOT support F1 camera )
Please download the LaView App from the App Store or Scan the QR Code below
Find a good mounting spot
Use the WiFi Signal Indicator Signal: 98% in the APP live view screen to test the WiFi signal strength. Move the camera as close to the router as possible if the WiFi signal is poor
Adding a LaView F1 Security Camera
- Make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4 ghz wifi network.
- Complete the app registration process.
- Follow the in-app instruction to pair the camera.
Click on the ‘+’ sign to add the camera. Continue to click “Video Surveillance” » “Smart Camera’
Connect the camera to power via included power adapter and USB cable. (if you are not setting up the camera for the very first time, press the reset button instead for 5 seconds until you hear a beep.)
Wait until the LED indicator is flashing red rapidly, which means the camera is ready for pairing.
Enter the WiFi Password to generate a QR code that carries your WiFi information’.
Use the camera to scan the QR code on the phone ( keep the camera 6-8 inches away from the phone )
- Press ‘l Heard a Prompt’ after the camera receives the QR code and beeps. The camera will start pairing.
- When connecting, you should make sure your router, mobile phone, and camera are as close as possible.
- Wait until the camera is connected online.
- Customize the camera name to differentiate cameras in different locations and finish and paring process.
- If the pairing is not successful, press the Reset button for 5 seconds until you hear a beep and start again. Or check the FAQ section for more troubleshooting steps.
LaView F1 Camera Frequently Asked Questions
If you cannot connect the LaView F1 camera to the internet,Check the following steps.
Ensure you are connecting to a 2.4GHz WIF| not 5GHz.
- Ensure WiFi password or SSID is correct.
- Ensure the camera is placed as close to the router as possible.
- Ensure camera is powered on and the indicator is blinking rapidly before scanning the QR code.
- Ensure you are using the correct APP (LaView).
- Ensure the camera is scanning the QR code on the phone in the correct way.
- If the above steps doesn’t help, reset the camera and start pairing again.
What can i do if the LaView F1 camera stopped working?
- Close the APP and Restart the APP again.
- Check if WIF| password or router is changed. If so please reset the camera.
- Ensure router in powered on and online.
- Ensure camera has power.
- Ensure the phone has decent network bandwidth.
- Check the app is on latest version.
How to turn on and off motion detection?
To turn on or off motion detection setting, go to the camera menu and click on Detection Alarm Settings
What can i do if i cannot receive notifications?
- Ensure your phone notification setting is enabled for LaView APP.
- Ensure the phone has decent network bandwidth.
- Ensure the camera is online.
What can i do if i receive too many notifications?
If the camera is placed at location with heavy traffic, we recommend to relocate it to a place with less traffic to receive less alerts.
What can i do if the image is not clear?
The camera is equipped with 1080p Full HD lens and sensor to produce superior image, however the image quality may be affected by the lighting condition.
Ensure the camera is NOT facing to environment with poor lighting condition or with extreme high contrast. Ensure it is NOT facing directly to bright lighting sources such as sun light.
Ensure your phone and your router has enough bandwidth to stream HD video. A minimum of 2MBps is required to stream each 1080p camera. If the network does not meet this requirement, the live view stream will be downgraded to SD automatically.