As an ANRAN camera owner, I understand the frustration that comes with encountering camera problems. ANRAN cameras are designed to provide high-quality surveillance footage, but like any other electronic device, they can experience issues that affect their performance. In this article, I will be discussing some common problems that ANRAN camera owners face and how to troubleshoot them.
Whether you’re experiencing connectivity issues, blurry footage, or camera malfunctions, it’s important to know how to resolve these problems quickly and efficiently. Troubleshooting your ANRAN camera can save you time and money, and it can also help you get the most out of your surveillance system.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to identify and fix common ANRAN camera problems. Whether you’re a business owner looking to protect your property or a homeowner looking to secure your home, these troubleshooting tips will help you get your ANRAN camera up and running smoothly.
Why can’t ANRAN cameras scan QR codes?
You can try the following 5 steps to fix ANRAN cameras not scanning QR codes, if that still doesn’t solve the problem, you can try connecting the camera using AP network mode.
- Remove any protective film from the lens of the ANRAN camera.
- Ensure there are no obstructions between the ANRAN camera lens and your phone’s screen.
- Verify that the QR code is clearly visible on your screen (you may need to increase your phone’s brightness).
- Position the ANRAN camera lens directly over the QR code, maintaining a distance of 5-8 inches.
- Adjust the angle of your phone or the ANRAN camera until you hear a tone indicating successful scanning.
Why ANRAN Camera not connecting to wifi?
There could be several reasons why your NIAN camera is not connecting to wifi.
- Confirm that the WIFI account and password are accurate for your ANRAN camera setup.
- Keep in mind that most cameras, including the ANRAN camera, typically support only 2.4GHz WiFi networks.
- When installing a ANRAN camera, ensure that the network functions properly. For optimal results, it is advisable to operate close to the router.
- If the QR code method for network configuration fails, consider manually configuring the network. Avoid overly complicated passwords and refrain from using special characters like \ or ‘.
- Reset your ANRAN camera to attempt reconnection if necessary.
- If the ANRAN camera still fails to connect to the internet after trying both methods, consider restarting your router and trying once more.
Why is my ANRAN Camera offline?
One of the most common issues that ANRAN camera users face is the camera going offline. This can be frustrating, especially if you rely on your camera for security purposes.
- Verify the power supply status of the ANRAN camera: If the camera has a battery, ensure it is not low on charge. If the camera uses wired power, confirm that it is not powered off.
- Examine the ANRAN camera’s indicator status: If the red light blinks, reconfigure the network. If the blue light blinks, ensure the router is connected to the internet. If the indicator is off, verify that the ANRAN camera is powered on. If the camera is not powered on, restore factory settings.
Frequent disconnections may occur if the ANRAN camera’s current installation location has weak network signal reception. Adjust the camera’s position if necessary.
- Inspect your mobile network: If the ANRAN camera status indicator is blue, the camera is functioning well. Test the mobile network, turn off any active VPNs, and retry connecting the camera.
Can you use ANRAN Camera without cloud?
Yes, you can use ANRAN camera without cloud. ANRAN cameras come with a built-in SD card slot that allows you to store footage locally. This means that you can use the camera without having to pay for cloud storage.