APP: HapSee Mate
This manual applies to cameras using the HapSee Mate app
PREPARE YOUR PHONE
1. Connect your smartphone to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
DO NOT choose 5G Wi-Fi if you use a Dual-Band router.
5G Wi-Fi can be supported only from 5G/2.4G Dual-Band cameras.
2. Raise the volume on your smartphone to hear the connecting process.
3. Download & Install the HapSee Mate.
4. Register an account and set up a username and password.
Setup Camera by Sound
(1) Plug in power for camera, wait for 20 seconds until camera gives out a voice of “Please use your mobile phone for configuration’
(2) Reset camera: Long press reset hole for 3 seconds until hear a voice of Reset success”
(3) After 20 seconds, camera will give out a voice of Please use your mobile phone for configuration’ ‘again.
1. Click “+”, click Setup Camera by Sound”.
2. Click “Next step’
3. Select your wifi, enter wifi password and click “Next step’
4,5. Connect camera to wifi by sound sent from your phone.
6. Wifi connected, you can view camera now.
1) Reboot your phone
2) Reset camera
3) Setup camera again
Setup Camera by Ethernet Cable
1. Plug in power and Ethernet cable for camera, click Setup Camera by Ethernet Cable”.
2. Click Next”
3. Click”“, the camera ID appears and then click “Add”.
4. Click “OK”
5. Internet connected, pls click Setting icon and go to settings page. (Change camera from wired to wireless connection.)
6. Click “wifi settings”, choose your wifi and enter wifi password.
Wait for 1 minute and plug off Ethernet cable.
Setup Camera by AP Hotspot
(1) Plug in power for camera, wait for 20 seconds until camera gives out a voice of “Please use your mobile phone for configuration”.
(2) Reset camera: Long press reset hole for 3 seconds until hear a voice of Reset success”.
(3) After 20 seconds, camera will give out a voice of Please use your mobile phone for configuration again.
1. Open HapSee Mate, click “+”, click Setup Camera by AP Hotspot”.
2. Click Next step” .
3. Click “Tap here to switch Wi-Fi and find hotspot”.
4. Go to your phone’s WL AN settings.
5. Click HAP-AIOT-XXXX-MTSNG” and connect to it.
6. Return HapSee mate.Click Next step”.
7. Choose your wifi and enter wif¡ password.
8. Wait for device to connect to wifi.
9. Wifi connected, you can view camera now.
(1) After camera is connected to wifi successfully on your first device, you can click and go to Settings page.
(2) Please click “Share device” and a QR code will be generated.
(3) Your second device can click “Setup Camera by QR Code Sharing” and scan that generated QR code to setup camera.
Note: this method is just for sharing camera to your second/third device.
1. Device 1 click
2. Device 1 click “sharing device’ ” .
3. Device 1 generates a QR code.
4. Device 2 click Setup camera by QR code sharing”.
5. Device 2 scan the QR code from device 1.
6. Camera is added on device 2.
1. Get more help from HapSee Mate app:
Path: HapSee Mate – Me – User manual 1 Help And feedback(There are operational videos and the latest problem solving contents).
2. lf you can not connect your camera with Wi-Fi successfully, please confirm:
2.1. Your home Wi-Fi network is 2 4G. Our camera does not support 5G Wi-Fi network. Please check your Wi-Fi Frequency band of the Wi-Fi router, or search its brand and model on google.
2.2. If your router is dual band, please choose 2.4G Wi-Fi to connect your phone and the camera.
2.3. Please put this Wi-Fi camera more close to the router.
2.4. Please check if the Wi-Fi router is operating properly first, then turn on the DHCP of router, and set up WAP2-PSK for security recognized by the camera.
2.5. If camera still fails to connect with wifi, please reset camera and reconnect it.
3. If camera’s network connection breaks off after you change network provider or router, please reset this camera and re-install it.
4. If you want to download/delete the videos recorded on SD card, please take out yourSD card and download/delete videos on your computer.
5. If camera can’t record normally, here are some tips:
5.1. Check whether your SD card is at Class 10. (8G-64G)
5.2. Please check the SD card status on app. (Path: Hapsee mate – device settings – Device info – TF-Card status) If you have inserted it into the camera, but it shows there’s no TF-Card. Please plug off the power for camera and re-inserted SD card and then format the SD card in the app. (Path: Hapsee mate – device settings – Maintenance device – TF-Card format)
5.3. lf still not work, pls format the SD card on your computer and choose FAT32 or exFAT when formating.
6. If you can not receive alarm notifications after detecting a moving object, please confirm:
6.1. The Alarm for Motion Detection turns on (Path: Hapsee mate – device settings – Alarm Setting – turn on “Alarm notification” – Motion detect – “Low” – OK ).
6.2. The right for HapSee Mate to send notifications to your phone (Path: phone settings – notifications – HapSee Mate ; phone settings – all apps – HapSee Mate – notifications).
7. Loud Whistling is heard when using two way talk feature on APP.
This is caused by the short distance of camera and your mobile phone.
To improve this condition, please use this talk feature when you’re at a further distance from camera.
8. APP shows wrong password, pls try:
Device settings – Delete camera – Reset camera – Setup camera again.
9. Why I still can’t hear much though l’ve turned the volume all the way up?
Path: HapSee Mate – Device settings – Volume Settings – adjust the volume of Speaker and Mic.
10. How to add a second camera to your phone?
Path: HapSee Mate – click “+” – select one method to setup camera (AP Hotspot/Sound/Ethernet cable)
lmportant safeguards and warnings
1. Electrical Safety
All installation and operation should conform to your local electrical safety codes. We assume no liability or responsibility for any fires or electrical shock caused by improper handling or installation.
2. Transportation Security
Heavy stress, violent vibrations, and excess moisture should not occur during transportation, storage, and installation of the device.
3. Repair Professionals
All the examination and repair work should be done by qualified service engineers. We are not liable for any problems caused by unauthorized modifications or user-attempted repair.
The camera should be kept in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, flammable materials, explosive substances,etc.