How to Fix Smart Life or Tuya camera Offline
Follow these steps to fix the offline problem:
- Check whether the router is powered off or disconnected from the network. If so, the router will take some time to recover. Wait for two minutes and then check whether your camera is online.
- Check whether the router has been replaced, or the Wi-Fi name or password has been changed. If so, reset the camera and then reconnect the camera.
- Check whether the firmware is the latest version. To check this on the app, choose Home—Tap camera icon—Top right button—Check for Firmware Updates.
- If the camera goes offline after a period of use, but after restarting the router or re-networking the camera, the camera returns to normal. Indicating that the router is overloaded due to long-term high-load use, and you need to replace it with a more powerful one, or reduce the number of devices connected to the router.
If your camera still fails to connect to the network after the preceding steps, place your camera in a network environment with strong and stable signals and connect it to the network again.
Why does the floodlight of my Smart Life or Tuya floodlight camera do not turn on or always on?
Normal the floodlight will only turn on when the motion detection function is turned on or the floodlight is set to be always on. If your camera’s floodlight cannot be turned on when movement is detected, it may be that the firmware or hardware of your device is malfunctioning.
Why does Smart Life or Tuya camera frequently make annoying sounds?
This is the alarm sounded when the camera is offline. Some camera manufacturers add an offline alarm function to their cameras. This feature is configured by the manufacturer, please contact your manufacturer
No sound is heard when the Smart Life or Tuya camera is talking.
It is recommended that you troubleshoot as follows:
- If you find the device microphone can’t work, that means you can’t hear the voice in the video, please check whether the protective foil on the device has been removed (which may block the microphone).
- Whether the mobile phone is enabled to allow APP to use the mobile phone microphone;
- Whether to open the microphone function of the APP video interface;
- Whether the in-call volume is turned on, and whether the in-call volume is turned on is too low (when using the conversation function, the in-call volume is used instead of media volume. This is determined by the communication protocol of the mobile phone. )
- In the device settings, find the device sound option and increase the device volume.
- Remove the device on the App side and rebind the camera.
- Check whether there is sound when recording video on the SD card of the device. If there is no sound, the microphone or speaker may be faulty.
Leave a Reply