APP: YI IoT
1. Indicator light flashes red: Camera is ready for connection.
2. Indicator light stay green: Camera connected successfully
Warm Tips Before Using the Camera
1. Camera does not have built-in battery, need to plug in with power supply to work.
2. Camera currently support2. 4G Wi-Fi Only. If Wi-Fi is unstable, please keep the Ethernet Cable connected after wireless add successfully.
3. Cloud Storage currently only store videos of motion detection.
4. If you want to save all the videos, please insert an TF card over class10 USH1. Recommend to insert an 8-64G TF Card and format the SD card in
the app before using. Insert the TF card when the camera is powered off.
5. After deleted the camera on the app, add the camera again need manually reset the camera.
6. Certain functions such as Human detection, Sound detection, Baby Crying detection and Time lapse require cloud service.
7. If you have any questions when using the camera or have any suggestions to us, just feel free to contact us here. We will reply as soon as possible to solve your concern.
Download APP and register an Account
( 1)Search “YIloT” app on App Store for iPhone and Google Play for Android Phone, or scan the be low QR code to download and install.
(2)Open the app and choose correct Country or Region, use your email address to sign up.
(3)Check your mailbox to activate your account. (check your mail spam if you cannot see the email), and login after activated successfully.
Adding Camera (Only Support 2.4G WiFi)
Plug camera in with power source to power on the camera, the camera would rotate automatically and the indicator light flashes red.
(1) Open the app, click the “+” icon on the main screen to add the camera.
(You will hear the “DIDI” sound and see the light flashes red when connecting. If you can not hear the’ ‘DIDI”, please long press the reset button for about 5s to reset the camera).
(2)Enter your wifi password and click . Connect to Wi-Fi”. (This camera can only support 2.4G WIFI, 5G is not compatible.If you are not sure about your wifi, you can contact us, we will help you to check and set).
If it fails to connect, please reset and power off the camera to try again. WIFI name and password should not contain any special characters suchas ” %# $ _+ and blank.
WiFi password should be within 8-19 characters.
(3) Face the QR code generated by the app to the camera lens at about 10-1 5cm directly. Keep your phone screen bright and stable. You will hear
“WiFi is connected” in about 10s after QR code scan successful, click” Next” and wait for about 30s- 1 minutes to complete the connection. Name your camera and start live view.
Camera On/Off: You can manual switch on/off your camera though phone app.
Camera Name: Modify your camera name according to your demands.
Time on/off: Set the camera on/off according to the fixed time after purchasing cloud service (Customize your time to turn on/off the camera automatically after purchasing cloud service) .
Settings: Click it to set the motion detection function. (For a detailed introduction to motion detection, please refer to Point 4.).
My Cloud: You can see about your Cloud prerogative, cloud space, video upload service and subscription service.
PIN Protection: Set password to access your camera ensure security.
Activity Detection Recording: Open this button to record motion detection video only; close can record all day videos.
Micro-SD Card: Check if the SD card is recognized and format the card here. The status only be displayed after your micro-sd card is
inserted in the camera.
Info: Check your Wi-F¡ information.
Connectivity: Show the connection status of Wi-Fi.
Video and Photos: Video and Photos alert (Please keep this default on when you use the motion detection function).
Delete: Delete your device on your phone app.
Click ‘Camera Setting’ then you will enter the following interface.
Status Light: Turn status light on/off according to your demands.
Image Rotation: Rotate the image 180′ If your picture is inverted.
Camera Microphone: If closed, there is no sound during the entire recording process, It is recommended to default on.
Night Vision IRLight: You can turn on/off IR light to avoid light pollution, and the, night vision effect would be the same as the light is on.
Time Zone: Choose the time zone according to your local city.
Call mode: Two way audio, you can choose intercom or hand-free mode(Specific functions please refer to the screenshot below).
Current Version: You can upgrade the Firmware version.
1. Click icon, then you can easily share the camera with family.
2. “QR Code” and “YI loT account” are available for you to invite. (The invitees can scan QR Code in the lower right corner of profile.)
3. Sharing camera to max 5 guest accounts. Guest accounts can watch video live view and use two-way audio, but can not access camera setting page.
1. You can enjoy more value-added service after purchasing the Cloud subscription, it all depends on your own needs. (F or the new user, you have one-month trial for free).
2. Click icon to purchase cloud storage directly, then you can view cloud storage information and enjoy value-added service: Time on/off, Human detection, Fast playback speed increase, Storage motion detection video, Al Cloud search and So on. (The detailed description of these features can be found in Cloud Service!).
1. Inserting SD Card-Support high speed over class 10 TF card up to 64G.
NOTE: Please power off the camera before inserting /removing the micro SD card. Failure to do SO may result in damages to the camera or memory card.
Below is the pictures of reset button and SD card slot.
2. Video Playback
After TF card inserted, all day recorded videos would be saved to the card automatically and you can playback recorded video footage in the app
Go to the real time page. Recorded Video footage is displayed in brown. You just need to slide back to check the videos. If you do not see brown parts, please remove the card and insert again.
1. You can choose either all day recording or motion detection recording. If you want to save storage, you can choose to record only motion detection videos to the SD card, just turn on the.
option” Activity detection recording” in the settings.
Turn the option off mean all day recording on default.
2. If you did not insert the SD card, the app would push a 6s video of motion detection to your phone when motion detected, you can check the video in ” Alerts”. This alert video is an app cache. If you clear the app cache, the video will also be cleared.
3. If you had inserted the SD card and purchased the cloud service at the same time, the motion detection videos would be recorded and saved to
both the SD card and the cloud. Now you can follow the process to set up motion detection.
Click into “Settings- -Smart Detection-Settings”
Motion detection: Turn on motion detection.
Human Detection: Effectively avoids “false positives” caused by flying insects, pets and light changes, and will detects humanoid start alarms. (This function can be used after you purchase cloud storage).
Sensitivity Level: You can adjust alarm sensitivity from low to high depending on your own needs.
Abnormal sound: The function can help you record video when anyone make a sound or baby crying in front of the camera, after click’ ‘Alerts” to view the pushed alarm messages and view the alarm video. (This function can be used after you purchase cloud storage).
Sound Sensitivity adjustment:Adjust the sensitivity by choose different sound decibel. Requires cloud service for this function.
Baby Crying Detection: You will receive alerts when baby crying detected. Requires cloud service for this function.
Low:The app would only push a notification and a 6s video cache to your phone within 10 minutes even when several alerts are triggered. You can view all notification video cache in the alerts)
Medium: 5 minutes
High: 3 minutes
TF card and cloud service recording are not affected by this function
Schedule:Usually the motion detection is default to be on all day after you turn it on in the settings. But you can also customize the motion detection time depending on your needs. You can set at most 3 time period, just click ‘Customize’ to set.
After you had set motion detection, you can view the motion detection videos in the real time page.
Leave a Reply