Connect Wyze Cam v3
Here are the things you need to do before setting up your Wyze Cam v3:
- Download the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure your device is connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Plug the camera into power using the USB cable and power adapter that came with it. The camera’s light will turn solid red when it’s powered on and ready for setup. If the light is flashing, it means it’s also ready for setup.
1. Click the “+” button and choose “Camera,” then select “Wyze Cam v3.”
2. Plug in the Wyze Cam v3 to power, wait for the flashing red light, and click “Next.” Then, press the “Setup” button on the bottom of the camera.
It will say “Ready to connect.” Check the box next to “I heard, ‘Ready to connect‘” and click “Next.”
3. Select your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password. Click the icon in the password field to make sure you have entered the password correctly.
Then click ‘Next‘. Hold the Wyze Cam v3 lens up to the QR code on your phone screen. When it says “QR code scanned please wait“, tick the box next to “I heard ‘QR code scanned‘” and click “Next“. (Hold the camera 6-10 inches from the phone screen.)
4. Wait for the Wyze Cam v3 to connect, this usually takes around 30-60 seconds.
5. Once it has successfully connected, name your Wyze Cam v3. If you don’t want Cam Plus, click ‘No thanks‘.
6. You are now ready to use your Wyze Cam v3.
Try connecting again and check our troubleshooting tips.