There are many reasons why a YI Home and Kami camera may go offline, and it may be related to the network or hardware. If your YI Home and Kami camera is experiencing an offline issue, you can try the following steps to fix the problem.
Why is the YI Home and Kami camera offline?
Offline means that the camera is currently unable to connect to the internet, and the YI Home and Kami camera needs to be connected to the internet to work properly. Sometimes the camera will be offline due to certain reasons. Here are five common reasons for a camera offline:
- WiFi or router issues
- Power issues
- Memory card issues
- Software issues
- Camera failure
Fix the YI Home and Kami camera offline issue
If your YI Home and Kami camera is offline, don’t worry. We have prepared a guide for you to check and try to fix the offline issue.
- Restart the camera. Turn off the power and wait 10 seconds before turning it back on. Sometimes restarting the camera can fix the offline issue.
- Reset YI Home and Kami camera and then reconnect the YI Home and Kami camera to your phone. Resetting the camera can fix software faults.
- Place the YI Home and Kami camera next to the router for testing. If the camera is online, it is usually because the camera’s location is unable to receive enough Wi-Fi signal or the signal is weak.
- Check your app version and update the app to the latest version.
- Remove the memory card and restart the camera. Sometimes, a memory card failure can cause the camera to go offline.
- Replace the power supply and power cord. Sometimes the power supply is not able to provide enough power, especially when using a power extension cord.
If none of the above methods can fix the YI Home and Kami camera offline issue, it may be a hardware fault with the camera. It is recommended to contact the seller of the camera for assistance.
Why is the YI Home and Kami camera offline after you change its position?
If you find that your YI Home and Kami camera is offline after moving it to a new location, it may be because the new location is unable to receive a WiFi signal. We recommend trying to move the camera to a different location and positioning it closer to the router to improve signal coverage.
Why is the YI Home and Kami camera frequently offline?
you may encounter the camera going offline automatically after a period of time, which may be caused by issues with the WiFi signal, memory card, or power. You can try fixing the problem of frequent offline by following this guide.
Yi camera frequently off line despite literally facing an AP access point. B cause you have to physically reset the camera, it makes it a totally unreliable home security devise. Especially when you’re away from home and their is no software fix.