YI Home and Kami Home are the same, the camera can use both apps at the same time.
This manual uses the YI Dome Camera as a demonstration, and other YI Home and Kami cameras are connected in the same way.
Before you start you need to download YI Home or Kami Home APP and register your account.
How To Connect YI Home and Kami camera?
1. Click ‘+’ in the upper right corner, select scan, scan the QR code on the camera, or select your camera manually.
The QR code is usually on the bottom or back of the camera.
2. Connect the power and thenPlease wait 20 seconds, until you hear “Waiting to connect”. (If you do not hear any sound, please reset the camera.)
Click I heard “Waiting to connect”, enter your wifi password, and make sure the wifi name and password are correct.
(Most of YI Home and Kami Camera only support 2.4GHz wifi, we recommend to connect 2.4GHz wifi)
3. Show the displayed QR code to the camera lens and let the camera scan the QR code, and a voice message “QR Code scan is successful” will sound when the QR code is successfully scanned. (QR Code Distance 4-8in)
4. Wait for the camera to connect to the wifi, it takes about 1-2 minutes. Then you can start to use the YI Home or Kami camera.
Share any of your YI Home or Kami cameras with people to let them view things like its live feed and activity history.
1. Enter the camera settings, select Share > Share With New Person
2. Enter the email address you want to share, then select the camera you want to share.
You can choose the permission of the camera.
Live Feed & Activity：This person will be able to view the live view, activity video history, and receive activity alerts for the selected cameras.
Live Feed Only：This person will only be able to view the live view for the selected cameras.
After sharing the camera, you can delete the sharing or set the permission.
YI Home and Kami camera has free 6 seconds of active cloud storage, to see longer videos, you need to pay for cloud storage, or use a memory card to save the video.
Insert the memory card into the camera, then the camera will restart, wait for about 30 seconds.
After the camera recognizes the memory card, you can see the Storage setting in the settings.
If the Storage settings are not displayed, then there may be a problem with the memory card, you can try to format the memory card, or change the memory card.
In SD Card Recording Mode, you can change the recording mode.
Record Detected Activity：Only records while an activity is detected
Record Continuous Video：Records video 24/7 (CVR)
View Record Video
In the Activity you can view the video, and in the upper right corner you can switch between Cloud or SD Card video.
Motion detection settings
When a change is detected, the camera will send a notification and record a video.
Video Detection Sensitivity: Set the detection sensitivity
Alert Frequency：Set the notification frequency
Schedule：Set the detection start time
You can set the camera Bookmarks and let the camera move to the specified position quickly.
Click the ‘‘ icon to add a location, then click the image in Bookmarks, the camera will automatically move to the specified location.
How To Reset YI Home and Kami Camera?
Press and hold the reset button for 3-5 seconds until the yellow light comes on or the voice prompt. Then wait for the camera to restart and you need to reconnect the camera after the reset.
Camera Reset Button
The indoor reset button is usually on the back or bottom of the camera, the waterproof camera and battery camera reset button is on the inside.
Why can’t YI Home and Kami Camera scan QR code?
- The QR code cannot be read if the display resolution of your mobile phone is too low, too dark or if the phone is too far from the camera lens.
- User can simply tap the QR code on app screen to enlarge its pixel and thus make it easier for the camera to scan
- Make sure your camera is in upright position. It means the lens of the camera face a direction which is perfectly horizontal. If you are pairing a dome camera you might need to adjust the lens direction because the lens could be upward or downward initially
- Place the smartphone about 30 centimeters (1 foot) away in front of the camera. if you are using a tablet such as Apple iPad or Android Tablet, you might need to place the tablet even further such as 50 centimeters (20 inches) away. Please make sure the smartphone is also in upright position like the camera and the center of the QR code on the screen of the smartphone faces the center of lens of the camera directly. You might need to adjust the height of the camera or the smartphone to achieve that.
- If your camera is new, please make sure that the plastic cover on the lens is removed. If your camera is not new, please make sure that the lens is clean.
- If the yellow light is on, and the camera does not make any sounds, please reset your camera.
Why is my YI Home and Kami Camera offline?
YI Home and Kami Camera goes offline usually for the following reasons:
1. Power problem, please make sure the camera is properly powered up.
2. The camera can not connect to the wifi, you can try to restart the camera, and let the camera close to the router.
3. Reset the camera, re-add the camera.
4. If the camera is still offline, then there may be a hardware problem, we recommend contacting your camera seller.
Do I need to buy cloud storage for YI Home and Kami Camera?
No need, you can use the memory card to store the recorded video.
YI Home and Kami Camera will give you one month free cloud storage for free.
Can YI Home and Kami Camera connect to YI IoT APP?
No, YI IoT APP can only connect to YI IoT cameras