Receiving the message “camera offline” is a common problem with YI IoT cameras. There can be many reasons why a YI IoT camera is offline or unable to connect. It could be related to the network, or it could be a hardware issue.
Why is my YI IoT camera offline?
The Yi IoT camera is often offline due to internet connection issues, insufficient WiFi coverage, power failure, or hardware malfunction.
Fix YI IoT Camera Offline
To troubleshoot the issue of Yi IoT camera offline, you can follow these steps:
- First, check the internet connection. Make sure your router is in normal working condition and that the power cord is not damaged. If you find that there is a problem with the internet connection, you can try restarting the router or contacting your internet service provider.
- Ensure that the internet connection of your phone or other device is normal. If you are using WiFi, make sure your phone is within the WiFi signal range and check that your phone’s WiFi settings are correct.
- you can try restarting the Yi IoT camera. This can help resolve software-related issues.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the YI IoT app. Sometimes, app updates can fix issues with the device.
- you can try replacing the charger and cord. Sometimes, the cord or charger may be damaged, causing the device to be unable to power on.
- If the problem persists, you can try reset the camera and reconnecting. This will help you clear any settings that may be causing the camera to be offline.
Why is the YI IoT camera offline after changing its location?
When the YI IoT camera is moved to a new location, it may become offline. This may be due to a weak WiFi signal or the router being too far from the camera. In addition, if there are obstacles in the location of the camera, it may also cause the WiFi signal to be weak, resulting in the camera being offline.
If none of the above steps help to resolve the issue of Yi IoT camera being offline, it is likely that the camera has a malfunction.